TRƯƠNG, PHƯƠNGMAI N.
Resume in one page (PDF)
University of California, Berkeley, CA
• Ph.D. in Physics, Fall 2009 – present
• Masters of Art in Physics, May 2011
• Research interest: cosmology, particle physics, astrophysics
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
• Bachelor of Science in Physics, May 2009
• Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, May 2009
• Graduating Honors: Foundation Honors, University Honors, University Undergraduate Research Scholar
Languages: Vietnamese, English, German, Korean, Japanese
- Physics and Engineering Editor at the American Journal Experts (March 2011 – present)
- Graduate Student Instructor, Department of Physics, University of California, Berkeley (Fall 2009 – present)
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Mathematics, Texas A&M University (Fall 2008 – Spring 2009)
- Undergraduate Physics Mentor, Department of Physics, Texas A&M University (Fall 2005, Fall 2007 – Fall 2008)
- Feature Writer for the Berkeley Science Review (November 2009 – Present)
and different positions with the Journal of Young Investigators:
- Science News & Feature Editor (July 2010 – July 2011)
- Science Journalist (August 2009 – July 2010)
- Associate Editor in Department of Physical Sciences and Mathematics (Fall 2007 – August 2009)
- P. N. Truong. The Effect of Supercritical String Cosmology on the Relic Density of Dark Matter. http://handle.tamu.edu/1969.1/86486
- P. N. Truong, B. Ripman. Statistics of the Velocity Field and Spatial Distribution of Hot Spots in Methanol Masers. Journal of Young Investigators, Volume 17, Issue 5, November 2007.
- P. N. Truong, B. Ripman, V. Strelnitski. The Velocity Dispersion and Spatial Distribution of “Hot Spots” in Methanol Masers: a Statistical Study. The Bulletin of American Astronomical Society vol. 38, No. 4, 2006 – poster presentation at the 2007 209th AAS/AAPT Joint Meeting.
- P. Boyce, P. N. Truong. Astrometric Calibrations of Photographic Plates. The Bulletin of American Astronomical Society vol. 38, No. 4, 2006 – poster presentation at the 2007 209th AAS/AAPT Joint Meeting.
Awards and Honors:
- Barry Goldwater Scholarship – Honorable Mention 2007
- Chambliss Student Achievement Awards – Honorable Mention for Undergraduate Research Posters – 209th AAS/AAPT Joint Meeting 2007
- A&M Regent Scholars 2005-2009
- Lechner Fellowship 2005-2009
- Jesse H. Jones and Mary Gibbs Jones Houston Endowment Scholarship 2005-2009