Department of Physics, UC Berkeley
Classifying supernovae using Gaussian processes and lightcurve data
Advisor: Dr. A. Kim — Summer 2011
Computing the rate of dark matter production from electron-positron annihilation in the New Minimal Standard Model.
Advisor: Prof. H. Murayama — Spring 2010
Computing the probability distribution of observers in the multiverse over varying spatial curvature and cosmological constant, using the apparent horizon cutoff
Advisor: Prof. R. Bousso — Summer 2009
Department of Physics, Texas A&M University
Investigating the effect of supercritical string cosmology on dark matter relic density of the universe, specifically the dilution of neutralino caused by time-dependent dilaton field
Advisor: Prof. B. Dutta. Discussion with professors D. Nanopoulos and A. Lahanas (U. of Athens) — Summer 2007 – Summer 2008
Department of Mathematics, Texas A&M University
Studying the solution and stress tensor components of infinite straight cosmic string to relate to the case of vacuum energy on exterior corners
Advisor: Prof. S. A. Fulling — Summer 2008
Studying the correlations within the quantum spectrum of scale-free networks, specifically the continuous transition between quantum integrable and quantum chaotic regions.
Advisor: Prof. G. Berkolaiko — Summer 2007 – Spring 2008
Maria Mitchell Association, Nantucket, MA, USA
Astronomy Internship in the REU program — Summer 2006
1. Theoretically modeling of the velocity field structure function and fractal dimension analysis for finding the correlation between methanol maser and supersonic turbulence
Advisor: Dr. V. Strelnitski (Maria Mitchell Association)
2. Optimizing the process of digitization and calibration of photographic plates
Advisor: Dr. P. Boyce (Maria Mitchell Association)
3. Finding periodic activities of spotted BY-Draconis and UV-Ceti type stars in the Pleiades, using differential aperture photometry.
Advisor: Dr. J. Milingo (Franklin & Marshall University, Maria Mitchell Association)
- S. A. Fulling, C. Trendafilova, P. Truong, J. Wagner. Wedges, Cone, Cosmic Strings and Their Vacuum Energy. J. Phys. A (accepted for publication: July 2012)
- P. N. Truong. The Effect of Supercritical String Cosmology on the Relic Density of Dark Matter. 2009. http://handle.tamu.edu/1969.1/86486
- P. N. Truong, B. Ripman. Statistics of the Velocity Field and Spatial Distribution of Hot Spots in Methanol Masers. Journal of Young Investigators, Volume 17, Issue 5, November 2007.
- P. N. Truong, B. Ripman, V. Strelnitski. The Velocity Dispersion and Spatial Distribution of “Hot Spots” in Methanol Masers: a Statistical Study. The Bulletin of American Astronomical Society vol. 38, No. 4, 2006 – poster presentation at the 2007 209th AAS/AAPT Joint Meeting.
- P. Boyce, P. N. Truong. Astrometric Calibrations of Photographic Plates. The Bulletin of American Astronomical Society vol. 38, No. 4, 2006 – poster presentation at the 2007 209th AAS/AAPT Joint Meeting.
- “Distribution and Kinematics of CO(1-0) in Early-Type Galaxy NGC 7465″ — Oral presentation at CARMA Summer School, June 2012
- “Supernova Classification Using Gaussian Processes” — Oral presentation at the Cosmology in Northern California conference, October 2011
- “Vacuum Energy in Wedges and around Cosmic Strings” — Oral presentation in Quantum Vacuum Meeting, Texas A&M University, August 2008
- “Dark Matter Content in Q-Cosmology and Its Detectability in Anisotropy” — P. Truong, B. Dutta, S. Campbell, A. Krislock — Fall 2007 APS/AAPT Joint Meeting – October 20 2007, Texas A&M University
- “V-Band Photometry of BY Draconis-Type Variables; Probing Long-Term Activity Cycles in Three Pleiades Members” — J. B. Milingo, A. D. Thomson, P. N. Truong, L. A. Marshall., D. E. Backman — poster presentation at the 2007 210th AAS Meeting
- “A Statistical Study on Turbulence via Cosmic Methanol Masers” — Oral presentation in Student Research Week, Texas A&M University, March 2007
- “Statistical Properties of Quantum Graphs Represented by Complex Networks” — Oral presentation in Student Research Week, Texas A&M University, March 2008
- “Statistical Properties of Quantum Graphs Represented by Complex Networks” — Oral presentation in University Undergraduate Research Fellow Workshops, Texas A&M University, Spring 2008